COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organisation and is extremely contagious. It is believed to spread by person to person contact.
On arrival at the clinic, your signature will be required for every face to face session declaring that you understand the contents of this document and consent to treatment in view of the potential COVID –19 transmission risks.
Masks: We strongly encourage you to wear a well-fitting face mask at all times when in the Little Grove Clinic and Freedom Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre.
Your Medical Health:
We are obliged to minimise the transmission risk to others and to screen for possible COVID-19 symptoms. Please read through the below symptoms and high-risk categories and confirm that you do not currently have these symptoms or conditions.
- New continuous cough
- Fever with temperature over 37.8
- Loss of smell and taste (in some cases this may be the only symptoms present)
- Muscle aches
- Respiratory symptoms (Blocked/runny nose, sore throat)
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
If you have answered yes to any of the above, it is advised that you currently continue with online appointments only and do not attend the clinic for a face to face consultation. As well as contact the Jersey Coronavirus help line on 01534 445 566.
Travel: If you have travelled off island do not attend the clinic for a face to face consultation until you have received a negative PCR test. It is stated that it can take up to 72 hours for test results to be processed. We strongly recommend allowing sufficient time between arrival and your physiotherapy appointment.
If advised to isolate, please do not attend the clinic.
How are we mitigating the risk of COVID-19 transmission?
- We will question you every time you come to the clinic regarding your general health
- We will postpone your appointment if we suspect that you have COVID-19 symptoms and recommend that you contact the COVID helpline. Please note that we are legally obligated to report COVID-19 symptoms to the Medical Officer of Health who will follow up on this to help prevent the spread of the illness.
- We will facilitate 1 metre physical distancing within the clinic, by furniture and equipment repositioning and adding floor markings at the reception area
- We have displayed relevant signage to help with physical distancing and flow through the clinic
- We have removed many possible sources of cross contamination
- We are sanitising the waiting area between clients
- We are politely requesting that you not bring friends or relatives with you unless absolutely necessary. The only exceptions are interpreters or carers.
- We are adequately trained in the safe disposal of PPE
- We will practice good hand hygiene
- We will wear PPE as instructed by Government, both in our daily interactions with each other and with you.
- We have altered our diaries, reduced the number of staff present in the clinic each day and altered the times of appointments to help prevent overlap of clients
- We have risk assessed all rooms with regards to numbers of people to ensure physical distancing in the gym and studio can be maintained
- We will sanitise all touch surfaces in the treatment rooms, gym and studio after each client.
- We will allow adequate time between appointments to adequately ventilate the rooms
- We will work with the Contact Tracing Team should a COVID-19 case be linked to Freedom Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre
- We encourage you to wear a well-fitting face mask at all times when in the building.
- We will minimise the close contact time spent with you.
The risks of attending an assessment and/or treatment at the clinic:
The above measures are implemented to mitigate the transmission risk.
Although the community infection rate in Jersey is relatively low, there is risk of infection when outside the home, when coming into contact with individuals you do not live with and environments where contamination could have taken place by an infected individual.
Whilst we are doing our utmost to prevent anyone with COVID-19 symptoms entering the clinic, it is plausible that this could happen.
As such, you are requested to inform us immediately should you develop COVID-19 related symptoms within 14 days of your face to face session. We are obliged to retain data and submit to he Contact Tracing Team if required.
Please feel free to ask your Physiotherapist any questions you may have regarding the above. We would be glad to answer your questions.